What's everyone reading?

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Complete Transformation-Week 1

Hunter and I have been doing the CT for one week tomorrow!  I know we are only 1 week out of 6, but I can't even tell you how good I have been feeling!  We have cut out gluten, refined sugars, and most importantly soda and fast foods! I wouldn't say that I felt badly before we started the CT, however I know this week has shown to me there is always room for improvement.

I thought I was not going to make it without a Dr. Pepper all week, but it was only hard on Tuesday and Friday night. I think Tuesday I was detoxing and going through withdrawl, I had a pretty bad headache Tuesday, but I powered through and went to a great wellness presentation about gut health and it reinforced my decision to stick with the CT!

A few friends have been referring to the CT as my "diet" or "cleanse" so I want to clarify again, Hunter and I aren't doing either of those! The CT is a jumpstart to a healthier way of eating. There may be days that I want to "cheat", and I will.  But I have so much information and education about why clean eating is so beneficial to our health, I just have terrible addiction to breads and soda! It's awful, I know!

One of the best experiences of this week has been cooking together! Tonight we tried a tortilla-free chicken tortilla soup with gluten free cornbread.  The soup was pretty good, but needs some recipe tweaking because it was a little bland, but the cornbread was soooo good! Didn't even miss the gluten :-) We have gotten pretty creative in our recipes and are looking forward to trying new ones! The best part of the CT is there is a lot more to eat than what NOT to eat! You are actually encouraged to eat a lot on the plan! I'm making a point to eat lots of snacks during the day to keep any cravings at bay.



So far I've made homemade granola bars, post-workout protein snacks, and LOTS of smoothies! We've made lots of different salads, smoked a turkey, and baking chicken in different ways to add to our salads.  I have felt more full than I ever did when we eat out. Plus I don't feel that awful "stuffed lets just pass out in bed" feeling!











This past Saturday night I hosted a Healthy Thanksgiving Girl's Night with some friends at my house and we had a great time! I was proud of my self and really tried to stay on track. Before everyone came over, I made sure to have a protein smoothie to help keep my cravings at bay! I cheated and had some cranberry bread, spinach dip, a cocktail, and some of a delicious pastry wrapped baked apple! Even though I cheated a little bit, I made sure to not eat too much of the Non-CT approved and I was extremely satisfied! Usually I would have more than over indulged on everything carb-loaded and wine! Instead I over indulged on the yummy pumpkin smoothies we made, fruit tray, and quinoa salad!









The party was great and I really enjoyed catching up with my friends! They brought some great recipes that I can't wait to share here on the blog!

Tomorrow morning my trainer does my measurements again and I look forward to seeing how my body has changed! I can already tell my body is changing each day. My clothes are fitting better and I feel like I have more energy for my workouts!

Here's to week 2!


No comments:

Post a Comment