What's everyone reading?

Sunday, November 10, 2013

God bless and Gig'em!

That's the Jarvis form of a house welcome sign! 

Hunter is a true, die hard Aggie. He lives and breathes for Aggie sports and Aggie traditions.  On Sundays and Wednesday nights he records a radio show with his friend that you can listen to on Mondays and Thursdays at www.AroundAggieland.com 
Yes, my 30 year old dear hubby follows every twitter account, blog, and recruiting website for the latest Aggie sports scoop so he can blog and do his radio show. It has nothing to do with his Aggie obsession. (Insert Sarcasm)


I mean it doesn't mean you're obsessed with the Aggies just because you had a grooms cake made to look like your college ring?  

Now that I've prefaced my Husband's obsession you will understand why this weekend was one of Hunter's best weekends! Last Sunday Hunter so sweetly asked if we could go to College Station on Saturday and see Johnny Football's last game at Kyle field. 



I'm glad we went because we had a great time! We love road trips together! We spend the time in the car talking, uninterrupted and not distracted by our phones or TV. This time we spent a lot of our conversation about our career and family goals and how they match up, but that's another post!

We stopped in Waco on our way and dropped the dogs off with our sweet parents to be spoiled and swim all day, and we headed out to College Station! 
Road trips wear this baby out! 

By the time we got to Northgate area near the Texas A&M campus the place was packed with tailgaters! We met at a bar to get a pregame beer and lunch with some newly friends and Hunter's college roommate. 

Hunter and his friend Michael 

Newlyweds Michael and Kacie


Me and the Husband decked out in our Aggie gear!

The game was great! So much energy in the Stadium and it was a PACKED stadium! It was also the last game before they begin renovations to build a bigger and better Kyle field!

Check out that sunset at the game!

Hunter had a good time teaching me all the "yells" and different Aggie football traditions (my favorite is when the guy kisses his girl after each touchdown). I enjoy making these kinds of memories together! We had a great time together at the game just the two of us! We have so much fun and I enjoy sharing in his Aggie world (even if I only cheer for the Aggies just because I know if they lose, I will have a really cranky husband)

Thankfully the Ags won so it was smiles all around!

After the game I convinced Hunter to help me jump the wall so I could get down on the field and touch the grass the police made such a big deal about not touching. 
Living like a rebel down on the track at Kyle Field. It was so cold! I was wearing flip flops and my toes were numb!

We were both tired from standing and walking across campus we picked up pizza from the same place we ate late night on Northgate the day we got engaged. Sorry no pictures, we ate it too fast, but I can tell you Antonio's pizza didn't let us down!

The day was fun reminiscing about Hunter's college days and remember how 3 years and a couple weeks ago when Hunter asked me to marry him on the Texas A&M campus under the century tree! Loved making new memories and remembering the old!


October 16, 2010 Hunter asked me to marry him at the Mizzou vs. A&M game! Best part was having our families there for the whole thing! 

As the weekend wraps up I am enjoying thinking about our next football game back in Columbia for Mizzou vs. A&M at thanksgiving! It's going to be great reliving the college days with my best friends and family! Can't wait!!


No comments:

Post a Comment