What's everyone reading?

Monday, November 4, 2013

Jarvis Yogis

This week I'm celebrating my 1 year anniversary on starting my health journey! Go me! 

In the past year I've made lots of small changes that have built into big awesome changes in my life! One of my favorite new healthy habits is YOGA. 

I think I'm addicted to yoga! It all started with Hunter having a Yoga DVD and trying it at home.  We had so much fun looking silly together! We would look up crazy videos online and try weird poses. We never got into the humming and the "oohhhmmmm"ing. That was too weird for us! 

I really got into yoga this spring when the park by my house offered a free class on Saturday mornings outside. I went to the first class alone, then recruited my neighbor. From there I started inviting all my friends to come with me! I turned yoga into a fun social event with my friends! That kept me accountable to keep going and motivated me to keep getting better. 

Unfortunately Yoga in the Park ended last week. (That's after my friend and I showed up to no class! Haha!) But yoga doesn't end there for me! I love a good bargin and found a Groupon for 10 yoga classes near my place, so I got one for Hunter and I. 

Now for the next 10 Mondays we have a standing date night for yoga! It's been really fun doing it together again and we have been going out to our favorite salad bar after each night! I love making new routines with my hubby and I love that this is a healthy new routine! (Much better than our former Sunday night pizza night!) 

I must end with the fact that I continue to be completely terrible and awful at yoga. I look weird and uncomfortable, I sweat a lot, I don't do the yoga breath correctly, and I tip over a lot.  But I enjoy it, it makes me feel good, so looking goofy and all, in going to keep doing it! 

I hope you reading this made you feel a little less scared of trying a new fitness routine or exercise program. It's ok to not be good at it or to look silly doing it as long as you have fun! So, get off your computer try a downward dog pose, child's pose, or my favorite shavasana. Look that last one up, it will be your favorite too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment